HAPPY NEW YEAR!
What does your New Year’s Resolution entail? Financial Savings? Lose Weight? Learn a new skill? Read more?
Stating these life altering declarations is the easy part.
“2019 is my year!” “New year, new me!” ” I can’t wait for 2018 to be over.”
Any of them sound familiar? Take control of 2019. Write down your resolution. Paste it someplace you’ll notice and read it out loud every single day. Rachel Hollis, author of Girl Wash Your Face, recommends posting it next to your closet. Depending on your resolution, maybe next to the refrigerator or wine cellar is more appropriate. Regardless, write it down and read it out loud every day.
So how can we, Ahart, Frinzi & Smith help with your New Year’s Resolution?
If you’re trying to learn a new skill, perhaps reach out to us and see if we have any hiring opportunities. We’ve made 2 new hires in the last 2 years. We’ve hired interns every summer to teach marketing, sales and general office support skills. We encourage our own employees to learn new skills every day by continuing education and pushing for insurance specific designations. If you’re interested in the insurance industry-please reach out to our NJ or VA office and see how we can help.
If you’re an avid reader, please comment on this post with your favorite books for other readers to enjoy. Those with the “read more” resolutions will benefit and you’ll have done a good favor, providing good karma throughout the year. If you’re in need of a great book right away, the above noted, Girl Wash Your Face, is AMAZING.
Our greatest way to assist you in obtaining that New Year’s Resolution is in financial savings.
This may include saving a few dollars a month on your personal auto or home insurance premium. There are many ways to save, and below are just a few suggestions:
- Advise your Independent Agent when you make updates to your home. New roofs, heating systems, etc could result in a savings on your homeowner insurance.
- Be sure your agent knows your profession. Some companies provide credits for positions like doctors, school teachers and fire fighters.
- Keep your jewelry in a locked safe rather than a jewelry box.
- Pay in Full or sign up for automatic withdrawals.
- Bundle your personal insurance with one company.
- Go paperless. Many companies are now offering credits for paperless policies.
- Enroll in a company’s usage based insurance program. (Ask us for details)
- Encourage your children to maintain a B average or better.
- Advise your Independent Agent if you have installed a burglar, fire or active/passive auto alarm.
- Be sure your accidents and violations shown are correct. Request a copy of your CLUE report or MVR upon renewal.
It’s important to note that financial savings isn’t always about current costs, but should also consider future threats.
This may include reevaluating your current risks and insuring them to avoid future large losses. Consult with your Trusted Choice agent and be sure your policies are effectively covering your assets and liabilities. For example, lowering your liability limit on your personal auto insurance may result in a few dollars saved each month. It may also result in a large future threat such as an at fault accident paying out more than your current coverage allows. Another example is cancelling a Directors & Officers policy for your association to save a few hundred dollars a year. This could result, however, in a very large future threat of a law suit against one of your own directors. It may also derail future leaders from volunteering to serve on your board.
Financial decisions is a big responsibility for both your personal and business lives. Determining how much insurance is needed, what exactly to or whom to insure, how much risk to consume, etc is a very difficult task. Agents such as ours at Ahart, Frinzi & Smith have been trained to assist you. We have the skills, the experience and the confidence to consult your short and long term financial goals, whether that be cost savings or a complete and thorough risk analysis.
Reach out to one of us today and allow us to examine your homeowners, renters, auto, or business insurance. We will provide unbiased advise on limits, coverages and premiums.